Prepare your garden for autumn
As summer has come to an end it’s time to start thinking about the autumn months ahead – but with Halloween and Bonfire night now just around the corner now is not the time to neglect your outdoor space.
The autumn garden clean down can be essential to your outdoor areas in ensuring not only a clean and tidy space, but also making sure that come next spring you won’t have an unbearable task on your hands when the sun comes out.
To help you get your garden looking awesome for autumn, outdoor cleaning specialist Jeyes has put together some top tips.
- Laying the groundwork. Getting your patios, paving and pathways clean and weed free before the winter sets in is a great place to start during your autumn clean down. When the colder months set in removing dirt becomes a much tougher job to tackle! Try some Jeyes 4 in 1 Patio Power, a unique and long-lasting pressure-washer compatible cleaner which will remove stubborn algae or mildew as well as dirt from the ground. If it’s your decking that needs a seeing to go for the Jeyes 4 in 1 Decking Power that revives decking.
- Look after your lawn. Ensuring your lawn is in good condition prior to frosty nights is very important to its overall condition. And as autumn sees the leaves falling onto your turf it’s very important to get these cleared and to allow maximum light and air to the grass and avoid the build-up of debris on top of the turf.
- Get your plant on. It may not seem the right time to get planting, but autumn is a great time to get flowers and shrubs laid in preparation for next spring. During this time of year the soil is still a good temperature beneath the surface and plants can set roots during the autumn months – and importantly during this time they do not have to support top growth. Give your flower pots and gardening tools some TLC too, with Jeyes Fluid Multi-Purpose Disinfectant.
- Get a gleaming greenhouse. Prevent pests settling into your greenhouse this autumn with a good clean out. Use Jeyes Fluid to tackle germs, as the strong disinfectant kills 99.9% of germs.
- Beat blocked drains. Around the autumn period with lots of leaves falling from trees it’s likely your drains can become clogged or even blocked. To prevent this becoming a problem try Jeyes Drain Unblocker, which is easy to use and eliminates even tough blockages within 30 minutes.
Jenny Questier, from Jeyes, said: “The autumn months may seem like a time for preparing your indoor areas, however it’s a great time to get your garden clean and tidy ready for next year as well as getting in shape for events such as Halloween and Bonfire night. This is easy with the range of Jeyes outdoor cleaning products, which not only keep your garden or outdoor space looking great, they also ensure it is 99% germ free.”
For more information on how to clean your outdoor space and details of the full range of Jeyes’ cleaning products, visit jeyesfluid.co.uk.